Map view full size
Ahu Akahanga touristic attractions
Near touristic attractions
|Anakena Beach||0,3 mi|
|Ahu Te Pito Kura||1,3 mi|
|Te Pito o Te Henua||2,3 mi|
|Rano Raraku Volcano||3,5 mi|
|Tapati Rapa Nui||6,0 mi|
Destinations by Areas of Chile
Get to know more about the Destination
Ahu Akahanga is where King Hotu Mata is burried; a tomb of 81 meters long and 3,25 meters wide. The plataform has 13 Moais around it, which are between 5 and 7 meters high, all decorated with red stones and hyerogliphs.
Right by the beach, there is a 2 meters Moai, which French sailors tried to rob.
- Cultural and archaeological interest zone.
- Hiking, photography.
- Fifth region. Localized 10 kilometers northeast of Hanga Roa and 3700 kilometers northwest of Valparaíso.
- How to get there?
- Land route. From Atamu Tekena Ave. To Hotu Matua Ave. East.
- When to go?
- All year.
- Maritime with tropical characteristics. The average temperature is 22ºC and the lowest is 17ºC in October. The rain is subtropical with an average of 1,126 milimeters per year.
- Lodging, food, outdoor activities.
- Ahu Akahanga, Ahu Te Pito Kura, Ahu Uri a Hurenga, Perousse Bay or Hanga Hoonu, Hanga Roa Bay or Tai, Orongo, Easter Island National Park, Poike peninsula, Anakena Beach, Ovahe Beach, Te pito te Henua, Tongariki, Rano Kau Volcano, Rano Raraku Volcano.
- 30, 1899, 00:00