Bahía Inglesa and Pan de Azúcar National Park touristic attractions
Near touristic attractions
Destinations by Areas of Chile
Get to know more about the Destination
This region offers some of the best beaches in Chile. With warm water, white sand and excellent temperatures, Bahia Inglesa is the place for those who enjoy outdoor activities and sports. The Flamenco, Rodillo, Granito, Las Machas, Los Patos, Obispito, Blanca, Orbicular, Portofino, Brava, Ramada, and El Caleuche Beaches are the beaches that await you. Ecotourism activities are possible in the whole region, thanks to the great landscape and tourism agencies that have created packages for tourists to discover this area. Aquatic sports, sandboard and trekking are examples of that. Also, you can find the Pan de Azucar National Park, with amazing sceneries, native vegetation, and fauna, such as the Humboldt penguins. You can also camp in several determined spots, and get information about housing and tourism in several centers. The region has an important cultural patrimony: it received the first train station in South America, the first laical cementery in the country and the Padre Negro Sanctuary, as well as National Monuments in Chañaral.
- Flora and fauna. Internationally known beaches.
- Hiking, trekking, bicycle ridings, swimming, sailing, surf, windsurf, mountainbike, sesa kayak, sport fishing, scuba diving, picnic, bird watch, flora and fauna contemplation, photography.
- Third region.
- How to get there?
- From the north-Bahia Inglesa and Pan de Azucar National Park: Land route, through Panamericana Highway. Public and private transportation. Anywhere-Copiapo: Land route, by Route 5 North and airway (Chamonate Airport)
- When to go?
- All year long.
- Desert weather. The temperature oscillates between day and night, and in the summer it rains more frequently with a high media of 14,8 milimeters. The high media temperature is 18,4ºC and the lowest is 4,9ºC.
- Housing, food, information center, forest ranger, camping.
- Cisne Bay, Inglesa Bay, Flamenco Beach, Caldera, Chañaral, Pan de Azucar Island, El Chuncho Beach, Puerto Viejo Beach.
Some featured hotels in Bahía Inglesa and Pan de Azúcar National Park
Blanco Encalada Hotel offers a great space for guests who seek peace and comfort during their travels. Its boat-shaped architecture makes it unique and very welcoming.
It is located just 100 meters from the main beach in Bahía Inglesa,…
From USD- Ref.