Terra Luna Lodge
Lago General Carrera - General Carrera Lake. See Map
- Send to friend0
Excellent: 9,0 Based on 5 of our traveler's comments
"Las cabanas, el servicio y atención del personal, el lugar excepcional, las excursiones, el hot tub mirando al lago!!!"
Matias Alfonso (Estados Unidos)
Today ratess(May/01/2013 until Aug/31/2013)
Rates in USD (US Dollars), per room, per night
|Room||1 passenger||2 passengers||3 passengers||4 Passengers||5-6 Passengers|
|Tree Room "El Nido"||$70||$80||-||-||-|
|Bungalow "San Lorenzo"||-||$70||$80||$90||-|
|Bungalow "El Cristal"||-||$80||$90||$110||$120|
|Camp Hut "La Cueva"||$40||$50||-||-||-|
|Camp Hut "La Conejera"||$40||$50||-||-||-|
- USD Dollar
- CLP Chilean Peso
Get to know a bit more about the Hotel
Located in a 6ha private land with more than 400m of beach, the lodge, is open all year round and offers extraordinary view on the lake and the surrounding mountains . Its infrastructure, its panoramic jacuzzi, its leasure room totally equiped for conferences and private discotheque, make Terra Luna a unique place, much appreciated even in case of eventual bad weather. We offer several All Inclusive conventional and soft adventure programs as well as simple lodging with optional services and activities for the unexpected visitors.
South of Coihaique, Lake General Carrera is one of the most beautiful places of Chilean Patagonia. Nearby the lake lie two extraordinary sites: West is the famous Campos de Hielos Norte, the world´s closest icefield to the Equator, on which rises Mount San Valentin (4,058 m), only a few kilometers from San Rafael Lagoon, and South are Baker River, a fishermen´s paradise, and Lake Cochrane where Mount San Lorenzo rises to 3706 m. You will discover a pioneer´s land, only recently opened to tourists thanks to several programs that allow you to enjoy an infinity of activities and appreciate the comfort, the familiar atmosphere and excellent gastronomy of Terra Luna lodge.
The Main Lodge:
The lodge is a big wood geogian style building (300 m2) with 4 triplex appartments (for maximum 5 adults or 4 adults and 2 children) a common terrace, a common “restaurant” and a common leasure room totally equiped for conferences, slide shows, and even “discothèque” (for special occasions).
Each appartment has 2 double rooms, 1 single room (transformable in a double room for children), 1 toilet and 1 living room with direct access on the terrace.
Each appartment can be used as “hotel” rooms (maximum 2 passengers per appartment) for couples of persons that do not want to share facilities with others or as an “appart-hotel” if used by friends or family groups (maximum 6 passengers per appartment).
There is no kitchen in the appartments. Meals must be taken in the common “restaurant” area. Lodge is the “all inclusive” first lodging option.
San Lorenzo Bungalow:
Nice 40 m2 bungalow for 4 persons, with kitchenette, living, 2 bedrooms, one toilet, terrasse and own parking. This bungalow is located close to the lake and the main lodge, in a very nice wood of ancient coigues trees. Ideal place for small families or group of friends as independent travellers.
The Family House:
The main house is a nice 2 floor (75 m2) georgian style house for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or max 8 persons (considering living room sofa) with 2 bed rooms (1 Double and 1 Quadruple) , 1 living room, 1 kitchenette, 1 mezzanine, 1 bathroom, terrace etc. This is perfect for a family or small group of friends who want a total independence (as a group). The house is mainly reserved to simple lodging requests . The main house users share the bathroom and toilet.
Terra Luna has an independant bungalow that shelters a panoramic Jacuzzi for 2 people (25 m2). This bungalow is located in a small wood and offers the best view of the area. This bungalow is special for young couples or honey moons.
The Cave Camp Hut:
The Cave is a small practical two flor mini-house (20 m2), for 2 pax with terrace, direct access to the parking area and a refuge type room at the 2nd flor under the roof. Special for low budgets
TTerma Luna Hot Tub:
Enjoy our artificial thermal bath with the best view and drinks. This wood heated hot tub, for 8 people, located at the lake shore allows you enjoy Terra Luna at any hour and with any weather.
Feel of the healthy changes of temperature between the hot tub (40 C) and the lake (7 - 20 C according to season) and enjoy the best view around a pisco sour served inside the pool from our minibar.
Number of rooms : 25 rooms.
Open: All year.
Rate includes: Breakfast.
• SLIDE SHOWS AND CINEMA: Terra Luna has an audiovisual equiped room and organises slide shows. A “movie” option is also possible.
• PRIVATE “DISCOTHEQUE”: This room is totally equiped as a “discotheque” for big occasions (birthdays, new year, weddings or special events)
• HOT TUB ”TERMA LUNA”: The best of Terra Luna, our hot tub on the lake shore, to alternate cold and warm baths.
• SAUNA: Enjoy the first panoramic sauna on the border of the lake and facing one of the most beautiful view.
• “EXPEDITION ROOM” MINISHOP: Visit our minishop with mountain gear and souvenirs to do the best gifts to your friends or familily.
• PEDALO: Cycle boat for relaxing on the Lake.
• MINI CLIMBING WALL: To iniciate yourself during bad wearther days.
• EXTERIOR GAMES: Terra Luna has a game area for children and a “petanque” court for the adults.
• FISHING: Terra Luna can borrow you some fishing equipments (amateur) to try your chance on the shore of the lake.
• BOATING EXCURSIONS: Use our zodiac to navigate, the lake of your choice (General Carrera, Plomo, Bertrand, Leones, etc....)
• MOUNTAIN BIKE: Rent a bike and ride on the trails and tracks of Patagonia.
• TREKKING: If you like trekking, Terra Luna proposes an infinity of alternatives. We offer from a simple day trek to a several days real explorations to remote glacier valleys.
• MOUNTAINEERING: All the surrounding summits can be climbed with our specialized mountain guide. We offer climbs from day climbs (all public) to a 22 days expedition to mount San Valentin (4058m) (only experts).
• RAFTING: Raft the Baker river!!! A unique experience for the whole family. Very soft raft (grade 2) in a unique landscape. Rafting programs start from a 2h raft to a 6 days adventure raft to Caleta Tortel!!!(see excursions)
• HORSEBACK RIDING: For horsebackriding lovers, Terra Luna offers from simple half day rides to 5 days horseback excursions in the surrounding mountains and valleys (Soler, Leones , San Lorenzo, Jenimeni lake and La Leona valley, etc.)
• KAYAKING & CANOEING: Do some kayaking or canoeing on the lake or get down one of the so many rivers. A different approach!
• TOURISTIC FLIGHTS: Fly to the most beautiful places, over the icefied, around San Valentin mount and to San Rafael lagoon.
• SNOWSHOEING EXCURSIONS: Patagonia OFF SEASON, appart from the best rates, offers the option to do nice excursions with snowshoes (provided by Terra Luna) a funny and healthy experience to live.
• JET BOAT: Terra Luna has a jet boat tol et you feel the adrenalina.
Terra Luna Lodge facilities
- Gift Shop
- National & Itl Direct Dialling
- Parking lot
- Shuttle Service
- Sport Equipment Rental
- TV Room
Near touristic attractions
|Laguna San Rafael National Park||8 mi|
|Capilla de Marmol Natural Sanctuary||12 mi|
|Tamango National Reserve||19 mi|
|Baker River||21 mi|
|San Rafael snowcap||49 mi|
|Castillo Hill National Reserve||51 mi|
|Bernardo O'Higgins National Park||54 mi|
|Hotel Cabañas El Mirador de Guadal||0,3 mi|
|Mallin Colorado Eco Lodge||5,2 mi|
|Hacienda Tres Lagos||6,2 mi|
|Hostería Coyhaique||92 mi|
Hotels by Areas of Chile
- Atacama Desert and Altiplano
- La Serena, beaches and astronomy
- Valparaíso, Santiago and Vineyards
- Easter Island
- Lakes and Volcanoes District
- North Patagonia and Black Forest
- South Patagonia and Torres del Paine