Loberias del Sur hotel and San Rafael Lagoon
5 days / 4 nights Code: CCS001
Extreme natural beauty with Catamaranes del sur in the chilean Northn Patagonia, visiting millenary forest, icebergs, waterfalls in an amazing unexplored land
Sunday to Thursday
Day 1: Santiago - Balmaceda - Puerto Chacabuco
Reception at Balmaceda Airport and transfer to Hotel Loberias del Sur, located in Puerto Chacabuco. To get there you will go across part of the Austral Road, which goes through Llanquihue and Palena provinces, on the side of the continent, up to Aysen region, passing by the beautiful city of Coyhaique. On the ride to the hotel, you will have the opportunity to appreciate a small sample of this astonishing landscape that makes part of these latitudes, as we will cross the Andes mountain range through the Chilean Patagonia.
Arrival to Hotel Loberias del Sur having the beautiful bay of Puerto Chacabuco as scenery. You will stay three nights in the hotel.
At nightfall a Welcome Dinner will be offered in the hotel, including appetizers, main course, dessert and coffee.
Day 2: Laguna San Rafael enCatamaranes del Sur
At 8:00 a.m. you will take part of an unforgettable trip on board of a catamaran that will take you across islands, channels, and fiords inside unimaginable scenery until reaching the marvelous Laguna San Rafael at about 2:00 p.m. The main tour attraction is the peacefulness of this lagoon with a surface of 170 square kilometers, floes and snowdrifts letting millenary ice rocks fall down constantly and thunderously. Then on board of a zodiac (if weather conditions allow) you will get in closer contact with San Rafael snowdrift and a number of floes moving around. Upon the end of the excursion you will taste a whisky on the rocks made with cubes of ice being more than 20,000 years old. You will stay there for 2 - 3 hours and then will go back to Puerto Chacabuco, where you will be at about 9:00 p.m. Back in the hotel, you will enjoy a refreshing relax time after a long day full of magic and unforgettable emotions.
Day 3: Visit to "Aiken del Sur" Private Park
At 9:00 a.m. in the morning a bus will take you from the Hotel Loberias del Sur to the recently inaugurated Aiken del Sur Private Park across a landscape of unique beauty in the Patagonia. You will start there an excursion combining adventure, close contact with Patagonian virgin nature, emotion, and the tasteful local food (Patagonian barbecues, minimum 6 passengers).
The Aiken del Sur Park offers natural beauties such as the area on the shore of Lago Riesco. The lake has a surface of 14 km2, quiet and blue crystal clear waters; a waterfall 22 meters high; native woodlands with perennial species, annual plants, humid species such as a ferns, some of them first found in Chile, moss and liverworts; widespread prairies where aged myrtles and tepa trees as chilco and calafate mix together; taro and mallin plants; swamp lands.
The park has been adequately implemented for providing comfort to visitors. It consists of:
* Visitors' Center equipped with sanitary services for women, men and impaired people, first aid room, handicraft shop and interactive exhibitions giving information on local flora, fauna and anthropology. Visitors will be hosted by bilingual guides escorting them all over the visit.
* Three natural properly paved paths with catwalks, fencing, bridges, observatory points, and resting places that will give information on the bio-geographical history of each place by means of educational stations. There you will enjoy the wonderful sceneries of the lake, river and hills that make up the Andes mountain range in the Patagonia. You will also have the opportunity to hear the singing of local birds such as Chucao and Hueta birds.
* "Quincho" Lounge. This typical Patagonian lounge has a capacity for over 140 people and consists of a main fireplace for preparing the traditional "Patagonian Lamb Barbecue" and a bar for tasting a pisco sour reception toast and the finest Chilean wines. This location also has sanitary services for women, men and impaired people and a local handicraft shop as well.
* The lunch (barbecue) to be served at the Quincho lounge will be cheered up by a local folk group.
After lunch, visitors may have a rest or walk across the other two footpaths in the park, which have a low difficulty. Later on a previously agreed time, visitors will be taken back to the hotel for relaxing after a long day full of unforgettable experiences and adventures.
At nightfall you can taste a pleasant dinner, which is a proper opportunity for talking about the day's adventures, all this accompanied by the best seafood and finest wines.
Day 4: Day at leisure
Day 5: Trip Back to Santiago
After a well-deserved night rest in the comfortable guestrooms at Hotel Loberías del Sur and a breakfast, visitors will be taken to Balmaceda Airport for the flight back to Santiago.
End of our services.
- Flora and Fauna Observation
• Transfer in/out Balmaceda Airport /Puerto Chacabuco/ Balmaceda Airport
• 4 nights at the Hotel Loberías del Sur (breakfast, lunch and dinner are included)
• Welcome dinner at the Hotel Loberías del Sur
• Guided visit to a private park, Aikén del Sur
• Patagonian lamb barbecue in a typical "Quincho" park, Aikén del Sur.
• Full day Excursion to Laguna San Rafael, all meals included on board.
• *Breakfast *Cocktail *Lunch *Whisky with age-old ice *Tea with cakes *Dinner *Wine Open Bar & National drinks.
Does not include:
• Aerial ticket.
• Extras not indicated in the program.
• Programs from Sunday to Wednesday are for January and february only.
• Children from 0 to 2 yeras old free sharing room with parents.
• Children from 2 to 12 years old pay USD920.
• Passengers over 55 years old: 10% discount on the published rate.
• Confirm departure time of the Catamaran in advance
• Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure time
• Take warm clothing, hat or similar to protect your ears from the wind
• Remember to bring along your camera.
August 2014: 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
September 2014: 5, 6, 8, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27
October 2014: 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 13, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
November 2014: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 24, 28, 29
December 2014: 1, 5, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 19, 20, 29, 30
January 2015: 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19, 23, 24, 26, 30, 31
February 2015: 2,6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27, 28
March 2015: 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27, 28
April 2015: 3, 4, 10, 11, 13, 24, 25
May 2015: 1,2,8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30