Navimag Ferry / Puerto Natales - Puerto Montt
5 days / 4 nights Code: NAV001
This Cruise is no longer available
Unfortunately we no longer offer this Cruise, but we haven't removed the information so you can have more ideas for your trip. If you want something similar write us, or perhaps you might be interested in some of the following alternatives:
- Fluvial Adventure Torres del Paine and Serrano River - 5 days / 4 nights
- W Trekking Torres del Paine National Park - 5 days / 4 nights
- Torres del Paine - Perito Moreno - Glaciers - 5 days / 4 nights
- Active Patagonia in Torres del Paine - 5 days / 4 nights
- Short W Trekking Torres del Paine National Park - 5 days / 4 nights
Rates from USD$595 Ref. Double See all rates
Navimag will take you through the entire length of Patagonia. Sailing through channels and fjords, you will be amazed by the the beauty of the virgin forests of the extreme south and the unbelievable species of sea.
This program is not available at this moment.
Navimag will take you through the entire length of Patagonia. Sailing through channels and fjords, you will be amazed by the beauty of the virgin forests of the extreme south and the unbelievable species of sea birds and fauna, which will greet the pass of the vessel. Joint us and discover the lost town of Puerto Edén.
Monday: Embark. Passengers must go to Navimag office in Hotel Costaustralis (Pedro Montt street Nº262) for the Check-in between 10:00 and 19:00 hrs. Boarding time is at 21:00 hrs. Once on
board, crew members will offer passengers a welcome talk along with some information for a safe and enjoyable trip. Passengers must stay on board at night, Navimag Ferry departure is on early Tuesday.
Tuesday: Departure will take place at dawn. We will go to Union Inlet (Spanish Seno Unión) to start our navigation, coming to the narrowest passage on the route, White Narrows (Spanish
Angostura White), which is only 80 meters wide. Later, we’ll reach the southernmost latitude of our trip, Sobenes Pass, and we’ll continue down the Farquar, which will take us to Sarmiento Channel in order to reach Peet Estuary in the evening.
Wednesday: At dawn we arrive to the town of Puerto Edén, which is located on Wellington Island, one of the biggest islands in Chile and is part of Bernardo O’Higgins National Park, the largest National Park in Chile. We continue our journey to the north, which will take us to the English Narrows (Spanish Angostura Inglesa), a narrow passage that allows navigation of a single ship at a time.
We continue along the Messier Channel, where we will see the “Captain Leonidas” Cargo Ship, which has been stranded since the 70s, semi-submerged on an island called “Bajo Cotopaxi,” which is
currently used as a lighthouse and point of reference for sailors. At sunset we’ll begin sailing the ocean offshore in the area of the Gulf of Penas, a crossing that lasts 12 hours during which time it is possible to see humpback whales (depending on the time of year and weather). (The landing at Puerto Eden is done only if sea conditions, schedule and weather permit).
Thursday: At dawn we will be in Inchemó sailing Pulluche Channel, the most abundant in vegetation (beech tree and cypress forests) and if we are lucky we might see “Toninas” dolphins, sea lions and pelagic birds. We’ll continue along Costa and Errazuriz Channel to reach Moraleda Channel after lunch, which will ultimately lead us to the Gulf of Corcovado.
Friday: Finishing our adventure, we’ll sail through the Gulf of Ancud and the Reloncaví Inlet (Spanish Seno de Reloncaví), arriving at Puerto Montt in the morning.
- Geology and Volcanoes
This program is not available at this moment.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Land fall in Puerto Edén with optional disembark in local boats in high season (CLP$ 5000 estimated)
- On board activities
- Special Talks
- Slide show & movies
Does not include:
- Aerial ticket
- Embarkation boarding Tax: US$10 per person.-
- All Tuesday (Embark on Monday)
September 2013: 30
October 2013: 07-14-21-28
November 2013: 04-11-18-25
December 2013: 02-09-16-23-30
January 2014: 06-13-20-27
February 2014: 03-10-17-24
March 2014: 03-10-17-24-31
Puerto Natales – Puerto Montt
- C Berths: 6 sections with 22 bunks each one, with outside shared bathroom and view.
- A Cabin: 4 bunk with outside private bathroom without view.
- AA Cabin: 4 bunk with inside private bathroom and view.
- AAA Cabin: 2 bunk with inside private bathroom, view and exclusive meals services.
BB Cabin: 4 bunk with shared bathroom, view.
BBB Cabin: 2 bunk with outside private bathroom, view.
CC Cabin: 4 bunk with shared bathroom, without view.
• We recommend bringing sweaters and parkas in addition to sports attire to travel. Also passengers should bring gloves, sunglasses and other necessary clothing to continue the trip to the Torres del Paine National Park and Patagonia.
• 80% discount for children under 3 years old.
• 20% discount for children under 12 years old.
Embark: On Monday and departure on Tuesday.