Half day Code: ENO006
Visit the main archeological sites in San Pedro de Atacama, inmersed in the Pre-Columbian culture, in the archeological capital of Chile.
Departure from the hotel in San Pedro de Atacama. We will meet the past of the Likan Antai (people of this land), its customs, traditions, and memoirs from the arrival of the first inhabitants of the Atacama Salt Flat to the Colony.
We will start in a Atacameña farm where we will se how a family mixes the old techniques of farming and cattle rising.
After that, we will visit the oldest residential vestige and one of the first proof of sedentism in this area: the miraculously preserved village of Tulor, consisting of small rounded houses joint by passages and holds, well-kept due to climate conditions and being covered by sand. Then, we will pass by the Ayllu de Coyo where we will e received by a tasting of typical products of Sendero de Coyo.
We will continue our tour to the Pukará de Quitor, fortress built in 1536 and invaded by the Spanish conquistador. It features an stunning view of the Mountain Range and the Ravine. Our excursion ends in San Pedro de Atacama, with a visit to the Church. Return to the hotel.
End of our services.
- Dificulty: Easy.
- Departure: Monday to Sunday
- Starting time and place: 09:00 am - 09:30 am from May 15 to August 13, 2016 (Final schedule to be confirmed when booking) and pick up place at the Hotel
- Duration: 4 hrs
- Price for children: Younger than 2 years old: free (without seat), passengers from 2 to 12 years old pay 65% of the rate and passenger from 12 years old pay full price.
- Transfer Hotel - Archaeological tour - Hotel.
- Atacameño tasting
Does not includes:
- Air ticket.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extras not mentioned.
- We recommend to wear comfortable shoes. Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and bottled water.