Atacama Salt Flat and Toconao
Half day Code: ENO005
Places you will see
Discover the wonders of the Atacama Salt Flat in San Pedro de Atacama, the bigger in Chile and experience the driest desert in the world.
Atacama, the largest salt flat in Chile, has the one of the largest flamingo reserves in the country (Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos). We will head to a small path, towards the Chaxa Lake, in order to see and identify the different flamingo species in the area.
The Salt Flat geomorphology is unique and special, its steep surface, hard to access, it become this location in the perfect plece for several birds species.
After that, we pass through Toconao, typical handicrafts town in the Atacama area, also the San Lucas Tower (National Monument and town symbol). We will visit the small factory and handicraft market in the area, featuring alpaca wool items and handicrafts in cactus.
End of services.
- Dificulty: Easy.
- Departure: Monday to Sunday
- Starting time and place: Summer: 4:00 pm - Winter: 3:30 pm - 2:30 hrs from May 15 to August 13, 2016 (Final schedule to be confirmed when booking) and pick up place at the Hotel
- Duration: 4 hrs
- Price for children:Younger than 2 years old: free (without seat), passengers from 2 to 12 years old pay 65% of the rate and passenger from 12 years old pay full price.
- Transfer Hotel - Atacama Salt - Hotel.
- Guide English / Spanish
- Entrance fee.
- Cocktail in Chaxa.
Does not includes:
- Air ticket.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extras not indicated.
- We recommend warm clothes, solar factor, mineral water and binoculars.