Estancia El Cuadro in Casablanca Valley
Full day Code: EEC001
Places you will see
Enjoy a day at Estancia El Cuadro in the Casablanca Valley, the perfect meeting point with Chilean traditions and wine culture.
We will depart from Santiago to the Casablanca Valley to visit the beautiful Estancia El Cuadro, home place of the Chilean culture and good wine. Here we will enjoy a day with different activities:
- Tour through the vineyard in horse-drawn carriages:
Stunning horse-drawn carriages will lead visitors through the vineyard of Estancia El Cuadro. The guides of Estancia El Cuadro will explain whats good of the Casablanca Valley, which has become one of the main valleys of white wines in the world. (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc).
- Guided tour through the Grapevine Garden:
The tour continues to a unique garden of stocks with more than 26 varieties of wine grapes. A unique educational setting, immersed in a dreamy rural setting, where our experts will expose the secrets of climate, soil and characteristics of the area.
- Wine tasting:
Nothing better than to enjoy the world-renowned wines of Casablanca. In the tasting rooms, surrounded by impressive raulí-beech barrels, sommeliers will offer wine tasting to appreciate and recognize different grape varieties on the palate.
- Visit to the Wine Museum:
The Wine Museum was created as a response to the winemaking tradition of the country and especially in the Casablanca Valley. In our back-in-time trip, the guides of Estancia El Cuadro shows a collection of original machinery used for decades to make the wine and “Aguardiente” (a type of brandy). Handmade wooden figures at actual size illustrate the different stages of winemaking and distillation, as elaborated in the cellars of 1900.
- Aperitif and lunch:
To relax and still enjoy the tour, an aperitif awaits our guests with a spectacular terrace overlooking the vineyards and mountains, then, we follow with a delicious lunch in a large and cozy dining room accompanied by wines of Estancia El Cuadro.
- Folkloric show at the Media Luna:
Continuing with this educational program, an unforgettable show and folk music traditions in the “Medialuna” of the Estancia El Cuadro. Typical “huasos” will give a demonstration of our Chilean customs. An unforgettable spectacle for the end of the tour of the Estancia El Cuadro in Casablanca Valley.
- Wine routes
- Dificulty: Easy
- Departure: Tuesday to Sunday
- Starting time and place: Final schedule to be confirmed when booking, and pick up place at the Hotel.
- Duration: 7 hrs
- Price for children: Younger than 2 years old: free (without seat), passengers from 2 to 10 years old pay 50% of the rate and passenger from 11 years old pay full price.
- Transfer Hotel / Estancia El Cuadro / Hotel without guide.
- Tour through the vineyard in horse-drawn carriages.
- Guided tour through the Grapevine Garden.
- Wine tasting.
- Visit to the Wine Museum.
- Aperitif and lunch.
- Folkloric show at the Media Luna.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extras not mentioned in the itinerary.