Full Trekking Cerro Castillo National Reserve
7 days / 6 nights Code: CGP102
This Tour is no longer available
Unfortunately we no longer offer this Tour, but we haven't removed the information so you can have more ideas for your trip. If you want something similar write us, or perhaps you might be interested in some of the following alternatives:
- 45km of walk in Sendero de Chile.
- Sendero de Chile with little use in some sections.
- Participants must be able to carry a backpack of 15 Kilos (sleeping bag, mat and personal clothing, plus some equip of the group)
- Great view of mountains of Cerro Castillo cord and glaciers near the footpath.
- 100% of travel in Reserva Nacional Cerro Castillo.
- Bilingual local guides (English, Spanish, German)
- Camping and high quality food.
- Pass two portezuelos above the vegetation.
- Visit to a receding glacier (Peñón glacier or other)
- Camping CONAF with basic bathrooms enabled.
- Emphasis on learning program for local flora and fauna. Just as local history and knowledge.
- During the trip will also learn basic techniques for outdoor living as arming tent, cooking, use a map and other to make your stay more comfortable.
- Satellite phone available for emergencies.
- Safe routes for evacuations if necessary to change due to weather, injuries or other reasons.
- 4 nights camping, 2 nights in Hostel in Coyhaique.
- The climate of the sector may be changing along the way, may be sun, heat, rain, wind and some snow at higher elevations.
- Transfers Coyhaique / Lago Monreal and Cerro Castillo / Coyhaique.
- Transfers Airport / Coyhaique / Balmaceda Airport.
- Breakfast meals, trail food and light lunch, dinner. In field. Menu can be tailored to the needs of passengers.
- 4 nights accommodation as camping description. 2 nights in Hostal Las Salamandras, Coyhaique.
- Guide Service: 1 mountain guide and 3 porters for common equipment for up to 6 passengers. (Bilingual guides and first aid courses and trekking guide).
- Common equipment: Tent, brazier, pots, benzine, map, GPS, satellite phone, radios, first aid kit.
Other: Payment National Reserve entrance CONAF, external support for emergency evacuations.
Does not include:
- Personal accident insurance for passengers.
- Personal clothing (suggested list and recommendations of quality, quantity and type).
- Appropriate hiking shoes (recommended model).
- Gratuities for guides and porters.
- Extras not specified in itinerary.
- Air ticket.
Minimum: 2 pax.
Maximum: 10 pax.
• Good health and fitness.
• Be able to carry a bag of 15 kilos for 6 to 8 hours daily.
• Access to camp and make camp life.
• Ability to tolerate others participating in the trip.
• Contribute to the good atmosphere of issue.
• Support and help with daily chores of camp life.
• Meet the group schedules for each day of travel.
- Distance: 75 Km.
- Maximum height: 1.453 mt.
- Difference in height: 1.300 mt.