Overland Carretera Austral Sur
8 days / 7 nights Code: SAT003
This Tour is no longer available
Unfortunately we no longer offer this Tour, but we haven't removed the information so you can have more ideas for your trip. If you want something similar write us.
Average: 5,0 / 5 Based on 1 of our traveler's comments
"Debo expresar que me he sentido muy satisfecho por vuestros servicios; Por el contrario. En este viaje tuve un pequeño problema con LAN, debido al atraso de su vuelo. Me resolvieron el inconveniente de inmediato; Siempre que he viajado a Chile, por distintos medios, me he sentido como en mi propia casa."
January 19 2014
January 28 2014
February 06 2014
February 15 2014
March 08 2014
Hostelry Costanera, Puerto Tranquilo River (1 night)
Hostelry Costanera, Caleta Tortel (2 nights)
Hostelry and Camping El Mosco, O’Higgins Village (2 night)
Brellenthin Cabins, Cochrane (1 night)
Posada del Rio Hotel, Chile Chico (1 night)
- Coordinating guide, backup guide and Satour driver, professionals with wide experience in trips, all through the trip.
- Meals according to schedule.
- Passengers insurance in case of car accidents.
- Every trip described on the program.
- Ferry ticket.
- Air ticket. Santiago /Coyhaique/Santiago.
- Sleeping bag.
- Museums and National Park tickets.
- Trips not specified on the program.
- Services not listed on the program
- Any kind of beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
Equipment and Logistics:
We have a group of people with wide experience, with the proper vehicle, the needed supplies and logistics to make this adventure come true and discover the most hidden places in the marvellous and Southernmost Patagonia. Specialized tour guide in charge of the expedition, a driver for the whole trip with unique knowledge of the road, and a guide in charge of the kitchen stuff. This tour is carried out thoroughly with our Overland which has the following features:
- The “Overland” bus: Mercedes Benz OF 1417. It has 18 soft reclining seats, observation terrace, photographs and luggage on the top of the vehicle, heating system and air conditioning, audio and radio system, microphone.
- Baggage car in the backside of the vehicle.
- Kitchen and full service equipment. Refrigerator, tables and stools for 18 people.
- Doite tents for 2 or 3 people with Doite self-inflatable light mattresses and feather pillows.
- Auxiliary kit equipment for soils in bad state.
- Fully equipped with first aid kit.
Trips by Overland have a harmonious concept, cooperation, participation, mutual respect and most important, tolerance with the others. Thus, even though there is someone in charge of the kitchen, it does not mean that whoever wants to participate can do so.
Regarding meals, these include:
- Breakfast: cereals, yoghurt, bread, marmalade, cheese, milk, coffee, tea and herbs, amongst others.
- Box lunch: It depends if it takes place in the route or in a tour. The former is based in a picnic, generally cold, for example: cold meat, potatoes, tuna tortilla or vegetable tortillas, salads, soup or sandwiches prepared by the same passengers plus beverages. Box lunch for the trip is generally based in sandwiches prepared by the same participants after breakfast, fruit, cereals or chocolate bars and beverages. - Dinner: the most important meal of the day, along with breakfast. It includes hors d’oeuvre or hot soup, main course and dessert, with beverages.
Regarding schedule, in the Patagonia dawn takes place much earlier and, because of sleeping in tents, the first activities begin early in the morning. Likewise, daily activities require a good recess, so they are stopped at the proper time, to adequately rest.
- Reserves the right to include photos or videos and other visual material of the passengers in advertising material in order to promote.
- The trips do not include special insurances, just the one for the vehicle to be used. We recommend our passengers to get a suitable insurance.
- Can delay departures up to 24 hours before or modify the schedule if the weather demands it or for reasons beyond its control. The company could cancel the trip if the problem remains and passengers will receive a full refund. There is no additional refund for the passenger.
- Departures with 15 passengers minimum. If this is the case, there is full refund for the money paid, but without additional payment for the passengers.
- Refund Policies:
* 45 days before departure: 100%.
* 44-30 days before departure: 90% or tranfer to another person.
* 29-15 days before departure: 75% or tranfer to another person.
* 14-1 days before departure: 50% or transfer to another person.
* No show: 0%.