Santiago - Isla Negra - House of Pablo Neruda
Full day Code: CGS001
Places you will see
Average: 4,6 / 5 Based on 14 of our traveler's comments
"Quedamos muy contentos con el servicio de visit chile. Carlos, nuestro guía, 10 puntos. Muy servicial, tranquilo, amable y puntual cada vez que nos fue a buscar al hotel. Nos llevamos una buena impresión de Chile, lo cual nos lleva a querer regresar pronto!"
Full day tour to the house of Pablo Neruda in Isla Negra, this house was his favorite in front of the sea. This house is full of magic and memories collected by the Literature Nobel-awarded poet during his life.
If you stay in Santiago, visiting the calm and pintoresque town of “Isla Negra” in the central coast is a must. Located less than one hour from Santiago, here lies the main house of Pablo Neruda nowadays turned into a beautiful museum. This house was the favorite of the poet and Literatura Nobel Prize winner. In this interesting excursion you will be able to appreciate the owe-inspiring collection of his lifetime journeys.
The tour begins from the hotel toward the Pacific Ocean coastal area, arriving in the famous beach town of Algarrobo where you will find a quiet and beautiful landscape with inspiring views of several beaches. Here we will enjoy a lunch in a typical Chilean-style gastronomy restaurant in the Algarrobo. After lunch we will continue the route reaching “Isla Negra” town, the favorite place of the poet Pablo Neruda. Here we will be able to admire, among other things, the collection of seashells and large prow masks belonging to his lifetime collection.
Moreover, you will enjoy a wine tasting in one Vineyard in Casablanca Valley, a pleasure for wine lovers in regular service.
At evening return to Santiago.
*The order of the excursions may change.
- Wine routes
- Dificulty: Easy
- Departure: Tuesday to Sunday
- Starting time and place: 09:00 am. (pick up at hotel at 8:00 - 08:30. Final schedule to be confirmed when booking) and pick up place at the Hotel
- Duration: 9 hrs
- Price for children: Younger than 2 years old: free (without seat), passengers from 2 to 11 years old pay 65% of the rate and passenger from 12 years old pay full price.
- Private or regular transportation.
- Bilingual guide Spanish / English.
- Tickets to the House of Pablo Neruda.(museum).
- Transportation and assistance during the excursion.
- Lunch in Algarrobo.
- Includes visit to one Casablanca's vineyard in regular service.
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Air tickets.
- Rates subject to modification without prior notice.