Tatio Geysers and Machuca
Half day Code: ENO001
This excursion will take you to know the Tatio Geysers, geothermal field located in the Andes, the highest in the world (4,200 mts) and is located 89 kilometers from San Pedro de Atacama.
We leave at dawn from San Pedro de Atacama hotel to go to the Tatio Geysers.
The Tatio Geysers is a geothermal center, located in the Andes Mountain Range, being the highest in the world (4,200 meters of high) and 89 kilometers away from San Pedro de Atacama. Early in the morning, it features an stunning steam "fumarola" produzed by the high temperatures of its craters. It is surrounded by hills of 5,900 meters of high.
At 07:00 am the ultimate expression of these fumarolas with temperatures of 85°C, strongly emerging from the ground, rising up to 7 or 8 meters. During the way and in this place, we will be able to watch local flora and fauna.
With its owe-inspiring background and amazing landscapes, the Tatio Geyser are one of the most incredible locations to visit.
During our way back, we will witness the stunning Andes Mountain Range.
After that, we will find Machuca, a small settlement of llama shephers. This village is full of houses made of adobe and straw roofs.
End of our services.
- Dificulty: Easy. Not recommended for pregnants, people with high blood pressure or children younger than 6 years old.
- Departure: Monday to Sunday
- Starting time and place:Summer: 05:00 am - Winter: 05:30 am - 05:00 am from May 15 to August 13, 2016 (pick up at hotel from 04:30 am according to the season. Final schedule to be confirmed when booking) and pick up place at the Hotel
- Duration: 8 hrs
- Price for children: Younger than 2 years old: free (without seat), passengers from 2 to 12 years old pay 65% of the rate and passenger from 12 years old pay full price.
- Transfer Hotel - Tatio Geysers - Hotel.
Does not included:
- Air ticket.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extras not mentioned.
- We recommend bringing warm clothing (temperatures below zero), comfortable shoes, light clothing, bathing suit, towel, mineral water and sun factor.