Map view full size
Tulor Village touristic attractions
Near touristic attractions
|Atacama Salt||0,6 mi|
|San Pedro de Atacama||2,3 mi|
|Moon Valley||3,4 mi|
|Salt Mountain Rage||3,8 mi|
|San Pedro de Atacama Church||4,8 mi|
|Gustavo Le Paige Museum||4,8 mi|
|Quitor Pucara||5,6 mi|
Destinations by Areas of Chile
Get to know more about the Destination
Tulor Village was an important city circa 2800 b.C. with 200 inhabitants. Today, it´s a museum that seems to have been burried under the sand, right in the middle of the desert.
The new town features houses built with mud, just like the first inhabitants used to build their homes, surrounded by walls that worked as protection. The constructions reach the 2 meters high and most of them have balconies.
- Anchaeological and anthropological interest zone.
- Second region. Localized 10 kilometers south of San Pedro de Atacama and 328 kilometers northeast of Antofagasta.
- How to get there?
- Anywhere-Calama: Airway.
Santiago-Antofagasta: Airway and land route, taking Panamericana 5 North.
Antofagasta-Calama: Land route, by Route 25 CH. Airway.
Calama-San Pedro de Atacama: Land route, by Route CH-23. Public and private transportation.
San Pedro de Atacama-Tulor town: Land route, by Route CH-23 (to the Moon Valley).
- When to go?
- All year long.
- Desert weather. Temperature oscillates between day and night, and in summertime it rains more frequently, 3 mm average. Average temperature reaches 24,5ºC and the lowest is 17,1ºC.
- Housing, food, transportation, outdoor activities, handmade crafts.
- Tulor town, Puritana springs, Cordillera of the Salt, Chaxa Lagoon, Tara Lagoon, Miscanti and Miñiques, Peine, Quitor Pukara, Jere Stream, Los Flamencos National Reserve, Atacama Salar, San Pedro de Atacama, Socaire, Toconao, Moon Valley, Licancabur Volcano.
- 30, 1899, 00:00