Chile, due to its length, is a very varied country, showing a great diversity when it comes to climate, fauna, fauna and geography.
Northern Chile is completely different from its South, and taking a ferry can be the best way to travel through the country, in combination with other transportation such as buses, cars, trains or vans.
Ferries are put to work in the following places:
From Puerto Montt to Chaitén and Quellón
- Nave Alejandrina de Naviera Austral
- Reserves in Puerto Montt (56) 65-270430 and in Chaitén (56) 65-731011.
- Nave B Pincoya de Transmarchilay
- reserves in Puerto Montt: phone numbers (56) 65-270400, (56) 65-270430 and 6006008688. It makes 4 trips:
- From Chaitén to Castro: three weekly departures, in January and February. The trip lasts six hours.
- From Puerto Montt to Chaitén: four weekly departures, all year. The trip lasts nine hours.
- From Puerto Montt to Ayacara and Chaitén: there's a stop in Ayacara. It lasts nine hours.
- From Hornopirén to Caleta Gonzalo: departures in January and February at 3pm in Hornopiren, and at 9am in Caleta Gonzalo. Trip lasts five hours.
- Nave B Maillén de Transmarchillay
- Reserves in Puerto Montt: phone numbers (56) 65-270400, (56) 65-270430 and 6006008688. It goes from Caleta La Arena to Caleta Puelche and back, with nine departures every day, all year. The trip lasts half an hour.
- Nave La Quellonina
- Trip from Caleta La Arena to Caleta Puelche. It goes from Caleta La Arena to Caleta Puelche and back, with nine departures every day, all year. The trip lasts half an hour.
From Pargua to Chacao
- Naves RR Cai Cai, T Trauco and RR Tehuelche
- Trip from Pargua to Chacao and Chiloe Island. Departures throughout the day, trip lasts 35 minutes.
- Naves B/T Don Juan, B/T Alonso de Ercilla and B/T Gobernador Figueroa de la naviera Cruz del Sur
- Reserves in Ancud to the phone number (56) 65-621777. Trip from Pargua to Chacao, trip lasts 35 minutes. Departues throughout the day, starting at 6am and finishing at 1.20pm, there are also departures at night. Fees are as follows:
- Big Cars and Vans: $13700
- Cars, jeeps, blazer and small vans: $6900
- Motorbike: $4000
- Bicycles: $1300
- Pedestrians: $600
From Puerto Montt to Castro and Chaitén
- Nave Catamaranes del Sur
- Reserves in Santiago to the phone number (56) 2-3337127 and in Chaitén in (56) 65-731272. The trip goes from Pargua to Chacao and Chiloe Island. Departures throughout the day, the trip lasts 35 minutes.
From Puerto Montt to Puerto Natales
- Nave M/N Puerto Edén de Navimag
- Reserves in Santiago to (56) 2-4423120, in Puerto Montt to (56) 65-253318 and in Chaitén to (56) 65-731570. Departures are every Friday in Puerto Montt and every Tuesday in Puerto Natales. Trip lasts four days.
- Nave M/N Magallanes de Navimag
- Reserves in Santiago to (56) 2-4423120, in Puerto Montt to (56) 2-253318 and in Chaitén to (56) 65-731570. The trip lasts four days and it includes a stop in Puerto Chacabuco.
From General Carrera Lake (Puerto Ibáñez to Chile Chico)
- Nave Ferry Chelenco
- Reserves in Coyhaique to (56) 67-233466 and in Chile Chico to (56) 67-411368. Departures are Monday through Wednesday and Fridays in Puerto Ibanez, all year. Trip lasts two and a half hours. Passangers pay $1500 and cars pay $16000.
- Nave RR Pilchero
- Reserves in Coyhaique to the phone number (56) 67-234240. Departures are Monday through Wednesday and Fridays in Puerto Ibanez, all year. Trip lasts two hours and fifteen minutes.
- Nave Lago General Carrera
- Reserves in Cochrane or in the Dirección Regional de Vialidad in Coyhaique to (56) 67-231104. Trip is from Puerto Yungay to Bravo and back, in 45 minutes. Departures are at noon, from Puerto Yungay, every day, all year. Passengers pay $1500 and cars pay $16.000.
To O'Higgins Lake
- Municipal service, twice a week
From Punta Arenas and Magellian Strait
- Nave Barcaza Melinka
- Reserves in Punta Arenas to (56) 61-218100. Trip is done from Tres Puentes to Bahia Chilota, lasts two hours and twenty minutes. Departures are the first Wednesday and Thursday of the month, and Tuesday through Saturday for the rest of the month. Cars pay $21.800, adults pay $3.600 and children pay $1.800.
- Nave Ferry Bahía Azul y Fueguino
- Reserves in Punta Arenas to (56) 61-218100. Trip begins in Punta Delgada and ends in Bahia Azul, and it lasts twenty minutes. Departures are everyday every 90 minutes between 8:30 am and 11 pm. Cars with driver pay $9800, adults pay $1200 and children pay $600.
From Punta Arenas and Beagle Channel
- Nave Ferry Patagonia
- Reserves in Punta Arenas to (56) 61-218100. Trip goes from Tres Puentes to Puerto Williams, and lasts 38 minutes. Departures are done three or four times a month, all year. Prices are per booth (US$120) or bunk bed (US$150). There is a 50% off discount for children under ten years old.
- January 30, 10:20Willem van Roozendaal
What are the times of depature from Ibanez to Chile chico