Full Trekking Cerro Castillo National Reserve
7 days / 6 nights Code: CGP102
This Tour is no longer available
Unfortunately we no longer offer this Tour, but we haven't removed the information so you can have more ideas for your trip. If you want something similar write us, or perhaps you might be interested in some of the following alternatives:
Magical hill with 2320 m, one of the holy hills of Tehuelches, decorated with towers and spurs, a symbol for difficulty, protected as a National Reserve, give us a unique landscape of Patagonia
Day 1: Balmaceda - Coyhaique
Reception at Balmaceda airport, located 55 km south of the regional capital of Coyhaique. Transfer to Coyhaique by paved road. Reception in the Hostal Salamandras. Meeting at 18:00 at the Hostal to check the personal equipment.
Day 2: Coyhaique – Lago Monreal
Breakfast 9:00 am departure to Lake Monreal (1 hour). Start the walk by Sendero de Chile, on an old logging road that arrives at a sawmill. Lunch in a available place, is a prairie with sweeping views, then continue on a smaller trail with a great view over Lake Paloma. It continues for some sections of trail with great views up to a little valley where we camp. Much of the route is Lenga forest, chances of seeing huemules. 6 to 8 hours walk up to Campamento El Salto, located in a forest of Lenga, near a stream of clear mountain waters, where we will have dinner and camp.
Day 3:To camp "El Turbio"
After breakfast, we continues walk up through the valley to leave the forest (2 hours), then continue along a trail marked with rocks outside the vegetation line to portezuelo to begin descend to the forest and take the path that leads to the Turbio river valley and then continue until the camp "El Turbio". Here are established campsites by CONAF (basic toilets, tables). 6 to 8 hours hike. Dinner and camping at Camp El Turbio.
Day 4: Day excursion to the "El Peñón" Glacier
Breakfast. This Glacier which is in decline and a lagoon to the sector (for this need not carry a backpack trip, or camp). After 3 to 4 hours walk back to camp El Turbio. Persons wishing to rest during the day can do. Dinner and camping at Camp El Turbio.
Day 5: To River valley "EL Bosque"
Early breakfast to continue from the camp el Turbio, where it continues along the trail of Chile to get out of vegetation and climbs into portezuelo rock, then down steep slopes, with rocks and wind, great views from this place to the river valley Ibanez, he who will welcome us to the river valley "EL Bosque", where we can admire the majestic "Cerro Castillo", on the banks of this river and surrounded by rocks and snowdrifts, continue on path of Chile to the camp "El Bosque" where there are camp sites enabled. 6 to 8 hours hike. Dinner and camping at Camp "El Bosque".
Day 6: To Cerro Castillo lagoon
Early breakfast in camp "El Bosque" to go up by marked trail, although steep slopes to the Cerro Castillo lagoon and continue through portezuelo where lower towards the villa Cerro Castillo. Here we end with a party at the foots of the majestic mountain with a "Patagon" barbecue, then in the afternoon a bus takes us back to Coyhaique or other destination. 6 to 8 hours of walking, plus 1 hour and a half by bus to Coyhaique. Hostel Accommodation in salamanders, Coyhaique.
Day 7: Coyhaique - Balmaceda
Hostel Transfer to Balmaceda airport.
End of services.
- 45km of walk in Sendero de Chile.
- Sendero de Chile with little use in some sections.
- Participants must be able to carry a backpack of 15 Kilos (sleeping bag, mat and personal clothing, plus some equip of the group)
- Great view of mountains of Cerro Castillo cord and glaciers near the footpath.
- 100% of travel in Reserva Nacional Cerro Castillo.
- Bilingual local guides (English, Spanish, German)
- Camping and high quality food.
- Pass two portezuelos above the vegetation.
- Visit to a receding glacier (Peñón glacier or other)
- Camping CONAF with basic bathrooms enabled.
- Emphasis on learning program for local flora and fauna. Just as local history and knowledge.
- During the trip will also learn basic techniques for outdoor living as arming tent, cooking, use a map and other to make your stay more comfortable.
- Satellite phone available for emergencies.
- Safe routes for evacuations if necessary to change due to weather, injuries or other reasons.
- 4 nights camping, 2 nights in Hostel in Coyhaique.
- The climate of the sector may be changing along the way, may be sun, heat, rain, wind and some snow at higher elevations.
- Transfers Coyhaique / Lago Monreal and Cerro Castillo / Coyhaique.
- Transfers Airport / Coyhaique / Balmaceda Airport.
- Breakfast meals, trail food and light lunch, dinner. In field. Menu can be tailored to the needs of passengers.
- 4 nights accommodation as camping description. 2 nights in Hostal Las Salamandras, Coyhaique.
- Guide Service: 1 mountain guide and 3 porters for common equipment for up to 6 passengers. (Bilingual guides and first aid courses and trekking guide).
- Common equipment: Tent, brazier, pots, benzine, map, GPS, satellite phone, radios, first aid kit.
Other: Payment National Reserve entrance CONAF, external support for emergency evacuations.
Does not include:
- Personal accident insurance for passengers.
- Personal clothing (suggested list and recommendations of quality, quantity and type).
- Appropriate hiking shoes (recommended model).
- Gratuities for guides and porters.
- Extras not specified in itinerary.
- Air ticket.
Minimum: 2 pax.
Maximum: 10 pax.
• Good health and fitness.
• Be able to carry a bag of 15 kilos for 6 to 8 hours daily.
• Access to camp and make camp life.
• Ability to tolerate others participating in the trip.
• Contribute to the good atmosphere of issue.
• Support and help with daily chores of camp life.
• Meet the group schedules for each day of travel.
- Distance: 75 Km.
- Maximum height: 1.453 mt.
- Difference in height: 1.300 mt.