- Send to friend0
Map view full size
Get to know more about the Destination
Founded as a fortress in 1767 in Cape Horn, Ancud is today one of the most important attractions in Chiloe, visited by tourist from all over the world.
It is the political and military capital, and it has a beautiful urban infrastructure, with typical constructions that stand out next to the most modern ones.
- Historical interest zone.
- Hiking, bicycle ridings, photography.
- Tenth region. Localized 90 kilometers south of Puerto Montt.
- How to get there?
- From Santiago: Airway to El Tepual Airport in Puerto Montt. Then, land route.
FromPuerto Montt: Land route, by Route 5 to Pargua. Then, seaway to Chacao.
- When to go?
- January, February, November, December.
- Rainy moderate weather. This weather features rain all year long; in the interior, the temperature oscillates between day and night.
- Housing, food, transportation, museum, camping.
- Achao, Ancud, Caulin Bay, Chacao, Chonchi, Compu, Curaco de Velez, Dalcahue, Laitec island, Mithological and Ecologycal Park of Chiloé, Chiloé National Park, Pingüineras de Puñihuil, Brava beach, Quellón, Chepu River, Yaldad.
Some featured hotels in Ancud
The first Boutique Hostel in Chiloe! Accompanying the trend of world tourism, where nature and scenic aspect comes together with the comfort and well being of the tourist, offers a range of quality services worldwide. This is the…
From USD- Ref.
Enjoy a stunning view of the Lacuy bay; in a place surrounded by magic legends and traditions of Chiloé Island. The hostel stands up on the ocean front of the magnificent Ancud Gulf at the magical landscapes of Chiloe island. …
From USD$111 Ref. Double
Ancud touristic attractions
Near touristic attractions
|Chiloe National Park||15 mi|
|Puerto Montt||49 mi|
|Puerto Montt and Angelmo||49 mi|
Destinations by Areas of Chile
- Atacama Desert and Altiplano
- La Serena, beaches and astronomy
- Valparaíso, Santiago and Vineyards
- Easter Island
- Lakes and Volcanoes District
- North Patagonia and Black Forest
- South Patagonia and Torres del Paine