Map view full size
Copiapo City touristic attractions
Near touristic attractions
|Atacama Desert||15 mi|
|Flowering desert||26 mi|
|Bahía Inglesa and Pan de Azúcar National Park||34 mi|
|Bahia Inglesa||35 mi|
|Bahia Cisne||37 mi|
|Camino del Inca||48 mi|
Destinations by Areas of Chile
Get to know more about the Destination
Capital of the region, Copiapo is located in the Copiapo River valley and it´s the main urban center of the region, with mineral and agricultural activities.
Copiapo is a city with National Monuments and an important history, because of the Chañarcillo mine. There is native vegetation all over the city.
It has a rich architecture, declared national patrimony, like the Matta House, the Cathedral and the first Train Station.
- Urban services. Architectural interest zone.
- Mountainbike, sandboard, picnic, flora and fauna contemplation, photography.
- Third region.
- How to get there?
- Santiago, Arica, Iquique, Antofagasta, Calama-Copiapo: Airway.
Anywhere-Copiapo: Land route, by Route 5 North. Public and private transportation. Airway (Chamonte Small Airport)
Argentina-Copiapo: Land route, by International Route CH-31, Paso San Francisco (280 kilometers to La Rioja).
- When to go?
- All year long.
- Desert weather, with homogeneous temperatures in the shore. The summer rain is more frequent with a high media of 14,8 milimeters. The high media temperature is 18,4ºC and the lowest is 4,9ºC.
- Housing, food, transportation, outdoor activities.
- Camino del Inca, Lamas River springs, Copiapo, Atacama desert, El Salvador, Santa Rosa Lagoon, Verde Lagoon, Nevado Tres Cruces National Park, Los Loros town, Maricunga town, Negro River springs, Totoral, Ojos del Salado Volcano
- 30, 1899, 00:00