- Send to friend0
Map view full size
Get to know more about the Destination
The Easter Island appeared in the Pacific Ocean due to the constant activity of three volcanoes: Maunga Terevaca, Poike and Rano Kau. It has 180 kilometers of extension and possesses different archaeological attractions. The island is the main access to Chile for the counties located in the Pacific Ocean. Also, Easter island is an important scientific investigation center.
- Flora and fauna. Amazing topography. Archaeological and cultural interest zone.
- Trekking, hiking, horseback ridings, scuba diving, canoe, rowing, caves exploration, sea kayak, mountainbike, picnic, birds watch, sport fishing, swimming, flora and fauna contemplation, photography.
- Fifth region.
- How to get there?
- Airway: Lan Chile to the Mataveri Airport in Hanga Roa.
- When to go?
- All year long.
- Maritime with tropical characteristics. The high media temperature is 22ºC and the lowest is 17ºC on October. The rain is subtropical with a media of 1,126 milimeters per year.
- Housing, food, outdoor activities, information centers.
- Ahu Akahanga, Ahu Te Pito Kura, Ahu Uri a Hurenga, Perousse Bay or Hanga Hoonu, Hanga Roa Bay or Tai, Orongo, Easter Island National Park, Poike peninsula, Anakena Beach, Ovahe Beach, Te pito te Henua, Tongariki, Rano Kau Volcano, Rano Raraku Volcano.
Some featured hotels in Easter Island
Located in the magical and exotic Easter Island, in the Hinere sector, this hotel is close to the most touristic places of the zone such as museum and Aldea Educativa. It counts with excellent rooms, distributed as an old village,…
From USD$390 Ref. Double
Hotel Vai Moana is located in the middle of Eastern Island, known as “the bellybutton of the world”, a place distant from the noisy cities of the continent and surrounded by the blue waters of the South Pacific. Actually, Vai Moana…
From USD$113 Ref. Double
Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa is a place where you find what it means to be human, where you find Simplicity, the origins of man and the beauty of nature. It is an invitation to rejuvenate your soul while simultaneously gaining a respect…
From USD$632 Ref. Double
NEXT OPENING. SEPTEMBER 01, 2012. Hare Noi is located in Easter Island, in the Orito area. It has excellent rooms in 3 “Hares”, conserving noble materials of the area with a Rapa Nui House style. It takes the original concept of…
From USD$380 Ref. Double
Easter Island touristic attractions
|Ahu Te Pito Kura|
|Easter Island National Park|
|Rano Kau Volcano|
|Rano Raraku Volcano|
|Tapati Rapa Nui|
|Te Pito o Te Henua|
Destinations by Areas of Chile
- Atacama Desert and Altiplano
- La Serena, beaches and astronomy
- Valparaíso, Santiago and Vineyards
- Easter Island
- Lakes and Volcanoes District
- North Patagonia and Black Forest
- South Patagonia and Torres del Paine