Altiplanic Lagoons and Salt
Full day Code: ENO004
Places you will see
|Los Flamencos National Reserve|
|Miscanti and Miñiques Lagoons|
|San Pedro de Atacama|
Average: 4,5 / 5 Based on 2 of our traveler's comments
"Gostei. Mas os passeios dos Geysers é muito rapido. Tem muita coisa em um unico passeio. Não deu tempo de tomar banho. Diminua a quantidade de atividades ou aumente o tempo do passeio."
We invite you to experience a tour through the lagoons of San Pedro de Atacama, located more than 4,000 m.o.s.l. and enjoy the beautiful colors and landscapes offered in this destination.
Atacama, the largest salt flat in Chile, has the one of the largest flamingo reserves in the country (Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos). We will head to a small path, to the Chaxa Lake, in order to see and identify the different flamingo species in the area.
The Miscanti and Miñiques Lakes, located above the 4,000 meters of high, feature a beautiful enviroment and blue waters. In Miñique we will be able to find typical flora and fauna such as the "coirón", small plant used by the local craftmen. Miscanti is the place where the "tagua" bird build its nest. Both lagoons are originated from the ice melting in the Miñique and Miscanti volcanoes.
Lunch in Socaire.
On the way back, we pass through Toconao, typical craftmen village in the Atacama area, it features the San Lucas Tower (National Monument and town symbol). We will visit the small factory and a local handicraft market, providing alpaca wool items and handicrafts in cactus.
Return to San Pedro at 4:00 pm approximately.
End of services.
- Dificulty: Easy. Not recommended for pregnants, people with high blood pressure or children younger than 6 years old.
- Departure: Monday to Sunday
- Starting time and place: 09:00 am. (pick up at hotel at 08:00 - 08:30 am. Final schedule to be confirmed when booking) and pick up place at the Hotel
- Duration: 8 hrs
- Price for children: Younger than 2 years old: free (without seat), passengers from 2 to 12 years old pay 65% of the rate and passenger from 12 years old pay full price.
- Transfer Hotel - Altiplanic Lagoons - Hotel.
- English / Spanish speaking guide
Does not includes:
- Air ticket.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extras not mentioned.
- Recommend wearing coat, light clothing, water and solar factor.