Cabo Froward, the Southernmost Point of the Continental World, Glaciers, Humpback Whales, Sei Whales, Austral Dolphins, Toninas Overas, Magellanic Penguins are part of the natural wonders of this Southern zone of the Strait of Magellan and Tierra del Fuego. In one of the most remote and pristine places on the planet. A full day excursion will make us feel nature in its original state. Leaving very early from the offices, we will travel by bus to Carrera Bay 50 kilometers south of Punta Arenas, and then navigate.
An unforgettable journey where we can enjoy a unique landscape surrounded by mountains, glaciers and forests of lengas and coihues. The marine life present in the area will not fail to surprise us because of its proximity and abundance: sea lions, petrels, cormorants, austral dolphins, albatrosses, etc. They will make us feel that here nature feels and lives. Our marine itinerary includes: Navigation from Bahía Carrera, Punta Santa Ana, where Fort Bulnes is located, San Isidro Lighthouse, Stop to leave passengers at the "Cabo Froward" lodge, Cape Froward, Cape Holland, Rupert Island, Paso Ingles, Paso Shag, Helado Sound and return to Bahía Carrera.
- 04:00 a.m. Check in at Solo Expediciones office.
- 04:30 a.m. We go by bus 50 km south of Punta Arenas to take the navigation.
- 05:30 a.m. Boarding. We start the navigation through Magellan strait observing the amazing sunrise by Tierra del Fuego, Fuerte Bulnes, first settlement of Punta Arenas.
- 07:00 a.m. Crossing Froward Cape, last point of the American continental territory. We will admire beautiful landscapes, exuberant flora and big hanging glaciers from Darwin range.
- 08:30 a.m. – 02:00 p.m. Navigation across the Marine Park “Francisco Coloane”, we can see humpback whlales, Magellanic penguins, cormorants, skuas, petrels, albatrosses, sea lions, elephant seals and, on occasion, orcas groups. We will also visit the glaciers in the southernmost ice fields of America.
- 02:05 – 06:00 p.m. Arrival in Punta Arenas.