Torres del Paine
- Send to friend0
Map view full size
Get to know more about the Destination
Located more than 100 kilometers from Puerto Natales, This national park has incredible landscapes and 242.242 ha surface.
It's the ideal place to practice entertaining and sport activities, if the weather conditions are the best. Torres del Paine has different geographic attractions; one of them is Paine Mountain and the Cuerno and the Torres of the Paine.
The park is a Biosphere Reserve, and it has an incredible vegetation like lengas and coigues forests, calafate, estepa and the mata barrosa. In the other hand, also it´s possible find condors, culpeos, guanacos, ñandus, pumas and gray foxes.
Torres del Paine fluvial resourses allow the kayak and rafting practicing; meanwhile, the mountains are the favorite ones to practice climbing and high mountain tours. The walks are another alternative because the park, including its paths, are protected by the CONAF.
- Flora and fauna. Amazing topography and fluvial resourses. In 1978 was declared Biosphere Reserve by the UNESCO.
- Hiking, trekking, high mountain tours, climbing, show trekking, kayak, rafting, flora and fauna contemplation, photography.
- Twelfth region. Localize it 112 kilometers southwest Puerto Natales and 393 kilometers north Punta Arenas
- How to get?
- Santiago-Punta Arenas: Airway.
Punta Arenas-Puerto Natales: Land route, by Route 9 north.
Puerto Natales-Torres del Paine National Park: Land route.
Santiago- Puerto Montt: Land route and airway.
Puerto Montt-Puerto Natales: Seaway.
- When to go?
- All year long.
- Trasandino weather, with ice in high places. The summer media temperature reaches 10,8°C, with a maximum media of 23,5°C and a minumum media of 0,85°C in the same season.
- Housing, food, transportation, information centers, forest ranger, camping.
- Las Montañas Channel, Castillo Hill, W Network: Torres del Paine Base- Valle del Frances-Grey Lake, network: Cordillera Paine Lake, Puerto Natales seashort, Dos Lagunas, Calvo Fjord, Bories cold-storage plant, Balmaceda Glaciar, Gulf of Almirante Montt, Balmaceda Lake, Azul Lagoon, Verde Lagoon, Paine Mountain, Cueva del Milodon Natural Monument, Bernardo O´Higgins National Park, Torres del Paine National Park, Antonio Varas Peninsula, Puerto Natales, Alacalufe National Reserve, Serrano River, Ultima Esperanza Inlet.
- The fare entrance varies depend on the season:
- Between October and April: $3000 Chilean pesos for national adults and $8000 Chilean pesos for foreing adults. For national and foreing kids the admission is $500 Chilean pesos.
- Between May and September: $1500 Chilean pesos for national adults and $3500 Chilean pesos for foreing adults. For national and foreing kids the admission is $500 Chilean pesos.
Some featured hotels in Torres del Paine
BED AND BREAKFAST PROGRAM Patagonia Camp is the first luxury camp in South America. It´s an original and distinctive concept where every detail has been carefully thought of so that the guests may thoroughly enjoy the magnificent…
From USD$600 Ref. Double
Located in the center of the Torres del Paine National Park, this Hostelry offers the tourist the possibility of enjoying the wonders of the nature, because of its privileged location over an island of 5 hectares. All the tourists…
From USD$184 Ref. Double
Located at the shores of Grey Lake, it offers an environment with singular beauty, with the Paine peaks as scenery. Its difference is characterized for its spectacular view to the millenarian ices of Grey Glacier. Its privileged location…
From USD$308 Ref. Double
Explore the unforgettable experience to know Patagonia, it invited to you to know its majestic landscapes, explores its around to be able to discover wonderful places, enjoy the peace of this area, one of the last virgin areas of the…
From USD$167 Ref. Double
Torres del Paine touristic attractions
|Base de las Torres del Paine|
|Circuito "W" Base Las Torres-Frances Valley-Grey Lake|
|Circuito Largo Cordillera Paine|
|Macizo del Paine|
|Torres del Paine and Puerto Natales|
|Torres del Paine National Park|
Near touristic attractions
|Nordenskjold Lake||0,8 mi|
|Pehoe Lake||4,4 mi|
|Grey Lake||5,1 mi|
|Paine Lake||5,7 mi|
|Grey Glacier||6,0 mi|
|Serrano River||7 mi|
|Toro Lake||11 mi|
Destinations by Areas of Chile
- Atacama Desert and Altiplano
- La Serena, beaches and astronomy
- Valparaíso, Santiago and Vineyards
- Easter Island
- Lakes and Volcanoes District
- North Patagonia and Black Forest
- South Patagonia and Torres del Paine